Friday, October 17, 2014

Autumn Spice No-Bake Fudge Bites

    This creation came to me just the other evening while I was waiting for one of my cakes to finish baking.  We happened to be having a particularly chilly night here in Florida (a nice brisk 50-something degrees) and it felt like autumn was in the evening air. 
 
   So I decided to come up with an autumn-inspired fudgy dessert.  The combination may seem a little odd...after all, who puts spices and pumpkin together with peanut butter? But I promise, this unexpected combo had a delicious result and there wasn't one person complaining when I sampled it.  I hope you enjoy this unique creation! 

Here’s what you’ll need…  

1 Cup Brown Sugar 

1 Cup Sugar 

½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream 

1 tbsp Pumpkin puree 

4 tbs Butter (half stick) 

2 tsp Cinnamon 

2 tsp Nutmeg 

1 tsp Clove 

2 Cups Whole Oats 

¾ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter 

   In a saucepan over medium heat, melt together the sugars, pumpkin, butter, and spices in the cream.  The ingredients will begin to combine as it gets warmer.  Then raise the heat until the mixture begins to boil and stir continuously so it doesn't scorch on the bottom.  
   Once it has boiled for three minutes, take off the heat and stir in the oats and peanut butter.  

 *Brian’s tip after you have added in the oats and peanut butter you can also add in an additional 2/3 to 1 cup of powdered sugar. This will insure that your fudge set up correctly, and I don’t know about you but I personally like my fudge to be a little sweeter than my average dessert. 
   Scoop mixture either on to a cookie sheet or into cube silicon molds.  I suggest using the molds personally, because it makes the perfect little bites of fudge.  If using a cookie sheet, you can cut it into pieces after it has set up.  Place the fudge straight into the fridge and allow to harden, which usually takes about an hour.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment