Monday, March 9, 2015

Gluten-Free Berrylicious Protein Bites!


       Okay…okay…I figured it’s time to share a recipe that's a bit healthier.  (Now's about the time when those New Year's resolutions can be all but forgotten.)  One of my most popular posts so far in 2015 has been my Superfood Protein Bites, so I thought why not make a dessert-y protein bite?  Into the kitchen I went!  I was afraid of what a peanut butter and berry combination would turn into, but then I thought, "Hey, everyone loves a good PB&J!"
       The result was pure healthy yumminess!!!  I think this treat could be a great tool for anyone who's looking to curb their sweet tooth without breaking most diet restrictions...you might choose to leave out the White Chocolate Chips though. J 

Here’s what you'll need:


1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter



1/2 Cup Shredded coconut, unsweetened

1/2  Cup Dried Cherries

1/4  Cup Dried Cranberries

1 tbsp Vanilla extract

3 tbsp Honey


-Optional- 1/2  Cup White Chocolate Chips

      In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.  Mix thoroughly until every ingredient is well combined.  Then either spread into a 9x11 pan or do as I did and use Wilton silicone bites-size brownie mold.  It works amazingly well and automatically creates the perfect serving size!
        Whichever container you choose to use, spread the protein mix into it evenly and then refrigerate for several hours until the mixture is nice and firm.  After that, either cut your bites out of the 9x11 pan or pop them out of the mold.  Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.  Each yummy little bite should contain an average of three grams of protein.  Not bad for a bite-sized treat!
       I hope you enjoy and I hope you have great success with your healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment