Friday, August 14, 2015

Super Easy! Dark Chocolate Grain-Free Brownies

       So these brownies were originally going to be called 'Paleo Brownies' since most the people I know who follow the ‘Caveman Diet’ allow black beans in moderation.  But recently there was a discussion in the Delectably Different Kitchen on whether or not they could be considered truly paleo.  
 
       I consulted with my resident Paleo-ite (I'm pretty sure that’s what they’re called *smile), and after a great debate, I received a re-education on exactly what paleo is.  I decided to call these brownies grain-free instead!  No matter what they're called, they are still a delicious, moist, and healthy treat!  I hope you enjoy my newest creation...

Here’s what you'll need:
1 15oz can of black beans, drained

1/4 cup egg whites (equivalent to about 2 eggs)

1 egg

1/2 dark chocolate powder
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Coconut Sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt
2 tbsp maple syrup

1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 tsp coconut extract

1/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour

Additional coconut shreds and sugar for garnish  

       Preheat oven to 350°F.  Prepare an  8x8 glass pan by lightly coating with cooking spray or oil.
      
     You will need a large blender to mix this recipe.  I used a Ninja this time but I've used a Vitamix before and both worked great!

       Combine all the ingredients in the order listed.  I wasn't kidding when I said they were super easy!  Mix on high until all the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.

       Pour into the prepared pan, then sprinkle a bit of shredded coconut and coconut sugar across the top.  bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
       After they have finished baking, place them in the fridge and allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. Then serve and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment