Friday, July 4, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Cake


A truly good baker doesn’t believe that they are the only one out there with recipes worthy of posting online. In my opinion, baking and cooking is an art form, and a truly great artist relishes finding fellow artisans and sharing their creations with others!

      This week I’m featuring a recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction that I think everyone should check out.  It’s a perfect combination of tangy lemon and sweet, refreshing berry flavors.

      It is amazing as is!  However this past weekend when I made it, I tweaked a few things since I didn’t have all the ingredients on hand that were called for.  So instead of using blueberries, I used organic locally grown blackberries which I felt were delicious in this recipe. I also made a traditional buttercream frosting and added one teaspoon of lemon extract…the end result was a WOW moment!

       Check out Sally’s Baking Addiction and see the fantastic selection of recipes she has to offer! Leave a comment and let us know how this recipe turned out for you.
 
Check out Sally's website by clicking on the link below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment