Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summer Blondie Brownies!


 
    On Monday I posted a gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free lemon blondie.  The tropical citrus flavors were such a hit that I decided midweek that on Friday I would share a more indulgent version of the same blondie.
 So today I bring you Summer Blondie Brownies.  These bars are so decadent and delicious...the perfect weekend treat! I hope you enjoy!

Here’s what you’ll need…

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

½ cup coconut oil

3 eggs

4 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice

Zest from one large lemon

1 tsp vanilla extract


1 tsp coconut flavor      


1 2/3 cups flour

½ tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt
 

½  cup white chocolate chips


       Preheat oven to 350°.  Grease an 11x8 glass baking dish and set aside.

       In a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar, coconut oil, eggs, lemon juice and extracts until creamed.
      In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add the flour mixture a little at a time into the creamed sugar, making sure to mix well between each addition. 


Fold in the coconut shreds and white chocolate chips.

      Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before topping.

Whipped Tropical Topping 

1 cup heavy whipping cream

3 tbsp powdered sugar


3 tsp vanilla extract 

      In a chilled medium bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.  Add in the sugar and flavorings then continue to whip until everything is fully combined.  

Or...

     Okay, you could make the above whipped topping and I have no doubt it will taste amazing with the brownies.  But we all like to have options, right?  So the last time I made these, I went out on a limb and I made the whipped topping recipe above and then added in a half cup of one of my newest recipes, which has been very popular and much requested: Mango Cream.  
 You can find the recipe for the mango cream here.  I originally made it as a filling for banana muffins but now I’m finding so many other ways to use it!  I have to say that adding in the mango cream to the frosting made this dessert go all the way from a three-base hit to a home run!

  Top the cooled brownies, serve and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment